Thursday, October 31, 2013

Need something? Make it. Want something? Make it happen!

Since everyone seems to find their creative bones this time of year thought it be the perfect chance to share the headless mannequin I made in July to be my assistant. Yes she's wearing a mini Halloween hat and yes she has on a sports bra! Not just for looks though the sports bra really did help to proportion her chest and fill in some areas if you know what I mean. 
Now you are probably wondering why about now... I already have a studio buddy 
And she is 10 times more cute and better company.... But not very helpful especially when sitting on my lap kissing my nose :) 
So I made Quin because I needed her! I was designing a detailed necklace for my  friends wedding that required a lot of draping chain and perfect placement and symmetry. After holding the pieces up to my neck in a mirror and dropping things continuously I realized I needed something else. Something else I didn't have was time to go buy one or money!! 
So when you need something, Make it! 

I headed into the kitchen and dug through the recycling and started taping boxes and bottles together. Gatorade bottles for arms of course and another to stand her up while working! 
Newspaper, duct tape and a sports bra came next to fill her in! The sports bra also helped to visualize where a dress line would be on a person which is very important when designing jewelry! 

The moral of  this creative solution is that you can always make something you need or want. There's always another way  and you don't always need the best looking item as long as its functional and suits your needs! 

Everyone gets so creative on Halloween with the unique costumes and decorating, carving pumpkins  and baking! Carry on that confidence and creativity to the rest of the year and your daily lives! 

Happy Making! Happy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts