Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bolo tie, in progress!

In Enameling II Ken Bova assigned us to make a Bolo Tie. Being from New Hampshire I wasn't too sure what that was so I looked it up and apparently its basically a tie but looks kinda like jewelry too. So we had to design our Bolo Tie based on a specific person. I chose to do mine about and for my dad(he is an architect) and in the final result you will see a bit more about him really reflected. For now I have a simple sillhouette of a building that a drew and pierced out of copper. The plan is to have 4 layers, this being the top enameled component, then a thick layer of plexi to give it some depth then a sheet of paper cut from a blue print of his, then another back plate. Not sure exactly what I'll be doing with the finials at the bottom of the bolo cord. Guess you'll have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts