Monday, February 13, 2012

Electroforming = paint everything you can find in copper paint and see what happens

Electroforming has been a recent uplift in my studio. A new process that was introduced by Ken Bova in Contemporary Techniques. I heard and saw fellow students working with it last semester and have been interested since. However, when we were assigned the project  I came up with this idea that originally thought would be really great. I wanted to create a series of rings made from wax and other objects that I would collage together. (After they are completely painted in copper and set into the Electroforming bath for some hours they would be hollow copper basically). 

Long story short I just could not get into it and was not enjoying the process at all. Finally I decided to take a trip to the Dollar store then Michaels and see what funny little objects would inspire me. I picked up a bunch of random garden items, fake flowers and such at Michaels along with some plastic squishy grapes.


half painted with electrodag(copper conductive paint)

Lets just say that I ended up going back to Michaels 3 hours later and returned everything I had bought for more grapes.....or a whole bag full.

1 comment:

Popular Posts