Monday, February 13, 2012

More wax carving

For my senior studies class with Tim Lazure I had to design my own class to some extent. I was to come up with projects that I wanted to focus on that were relative to my senior show theme and that ties in with my work as a whole. As one of those components I wanted to really explore the wax carving technique and see what I can come up with. I told myself, (and Tim) that I would have atleast 6 carved and ready to be cast by the end of February. So far when I get the wax and tools out I love it and really get into it. However when the wax carving tool kit remains shut on my desk while I work on other things weighing me down my progress seems to suffer....strange huh?

Nonetheless, I think the little I have done so far is a start and I have plenty stirring in the sketchbook!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts