Saturday, September 29, 2012

Alterations to fit your style!

Photos by Kyle Hoffman Photography

This necklace and earrings were transformed from a necklace that my grandmother had in collection I got after she passed. The original necklace had a large pendant in the middle of a silver fillagree flower shape with three tear drop shaped crystals hanging from it. For my wedding I wanted something a bit more simple with matching earrings. I took two of the crysals off of the necklace and made them into earrings and removed the pendant from the necklace to have just a simple chain with tiny crystals for my special day.


For my headpiece I had an idea of what I wanted and my mom and I were going to try to make something. While shopping for the materials we came across this beautiful bridal headpiece at new boutique called Accessory Appeal in Exeter NH. Lucky for me the bride who had it personally made for her never showed up to get it so it was the only one in the store!. To help it fit me even better I bent some of the feathers so they fell closer to my head instead of sticking up and out. Added a few antique pearls with the already white pearls so it pulled in the pearls on my necklace. I also added a peacock feather to the back. Although Peacocks or their colors had nothing to do with my wedding I do have a pretty good sized peacock tattoo on my back and it was sure to be shown off. Just to let everyone know that "Yes I know I have a tattoo" and "Yes I like it there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts