Saturday, September 29, 2012

Vintage display and lace inspired cake


I have always been attracted to the delicacy of lace and its vintage quality. I wanted to use lace but not have the wedding feel old so I used it in places like my cake to add a touch of detail, or as the ribbon on signs, and around bottles. However, my grandmother has many beautiful items from her life, old gloves, vintage purses, and gorgeous vintage lace.  I wanted to display all of these items not only for their symbolizm but I wanted to display photos of generations in my family on their wedding day as well. We have a photo of my parents on their wedding day as well as both sets of grandparents and my great grandmother. It seemed like a great way to show comparison of weddings over the years and those precious moments being captured each time.
       The Wedding cake came out so beautifully and the flowers tied it all together again. Chickadee Hill Cakes made it exactly the way I had explained and it tasted delicious!

Photos by Kyle Hoffman Photography

Just in case peopl forgot which ones were getting married! ;) My dad had a box full of molding samples so I picked out two that I liked and painted them white, added the letters and drilled holes for the lace ribbons. Voila! Using what you already have in your house is the cheapest way to make crafty ideas come alive!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts